Before Making Entry, while in the street;
- Has someone completed or assigned reconned a 360 of the building?
- Have you looked at the Building and its Profile?
- Made a Rapid Risk Assessment?
- Assessed the Building’s Anatomy?
- Considered the Compartment?
- Considered the Fire Dynamics?
- Assessed the Predictability of Performance?
- Scanned for Situational Awareness?
- Considered the MELT? (Most Error Likely Tactic)
- Looked your partner in the Eye- and knew what needed to be done..
- …and are Combat Ready to Deploy?
…Forty-five seconds to observe, process and implement
Also on CommandSafety …
- Operational Excellence – November 17, 2013
- Engineered Structural Support (ESS) system: Been in the Field lately? – February 24, 2013
- Smart and Intelligent Firefighting – March 10, 2013
- A Delicate Balance – March 25, 2013