It’s being reported that San Francisco Fire Fighter Anthony Valerio passed away this morning as a result of injuries sustained while operating the Diamond Heights fire on Thursday June 2nd. This becomes the second line of duty death from this incident that also resulted in the LODD of Lt. Vincent Perez. Anthony “Tony” Valerio, a 53-year-old firefighter and paramedic critically injured in the Thursday blaze, died at San Francisco General Hospital at about 7:40 a.m., city officials said.
San Francisco firefighter Anthony Valerio is the second firefighter to die from Thursday’s Diamond Heights fire. According to San Francisco Fire Chief Joanne Hayes-White, Valerio had “significant damage to his respiratory system” and burns across his body after Thursday’s fire. Valerio has burns to 12 percent of his body.
WKGO TV ABC7 reports that according to San Francisco Fire Deputy Chief Mike Gardner said most of Fire Fighter Valerio’s burns were from steam and not from fire, adding that the temperature inside the structure was between 500 and 700 degrees.
- link: Clips of SF Fire radio dispatch from fire
- Story: What happened: Inside the burning Diamond Heights home
- Logs show desperate hunt for doomed SF firefighters, HERE
Also on CommandSafety …
- Three Alarm High rise Fire: FDNY Bronx – April 13, 2013
- Memorial Dedicated to Six Boston FF Killed In 1942 East Boston Luongo Fire – November 15, 2012
- Adaptive Fireground Strategies for Today’s Occupancies at FDIC – March 16, 2013
- Cugees Restaurant Roof Collapse-1981 LAFD – March 31, 2013